Whether you are an individual seeking an exciting new challenge, or a company seeking top-notch talent, your interests are most assuredly kept confidential. We never present a candidate's resume without their express permission, and unless given approval by the candidate, we never contact current employers.
Please contact us at the address provided if you are a top-level, trustworthy hospitality manager or executive looking for opportunities with the finest companies in our industry worldwide. Due to our long association with the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration as a student, staff member, and volunteer, we naturally specialize in finding great opportunities for Cornell alumni and graduates of the other finest international colleges of hospitality management.
Here are all the current opportunities available through Philippus Miller III & Associates:
- General Manager - mid-sized hotel and restaurant - Massachusetts islandsSeeking a seasoned general manager for a year-round inn on an island off the coast of Cape Cod that is well positioned for growth. Reporting to the owner of this historic 60 room hotel and restaurant, the GM will have full and direct responsibility for all aspects of property operations, including but not limited to guest services, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, and multiple food and beverage operations. In addition, he/she will partner with best-in-class service providers for business functions such as accounting, marketing, and information technology. The GM is expected to be a "hands-on", "into the details" operator, who acts with the mindset of a business owner. He/she will need the appropriate business skills, people skills and vision to help unlock the vast potential of this hotel and to lead it to even higher levels of service, customer satisfaction, industry reputation, and profitability. In addition, the GM will be expected to work closely with the owner to translate his strategic vision for the hotel into a reality. He/she will be expected to become an integrated member of the island community, and as a result, the hotel is envisaged as being an important center for community activities. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration, business or similar. A minimum of ten years of hotel management experience is preferred, and an entrepreneurial and energetic outlook is required. The property operates year-round and would be a great long-term situation, perhaps for a couple that would treat it like their own property. Potential for live-in, or housing stipend provided. The owner is also open to considering a profit sharing arrangement, and he is considering purchasing more hotels, so there could be the opportunity to manage more than one property. Please contact us for more information.
- Director/Vice President of Investments - hotel ownership/management company - Orange County CAAn established firm that acquires, owns, asset manages and renovates branded upscale US urban and resort hotels is seeking a senior hotel investment professional. The company creates value through active ownership of long-term hospitality real estate. Their strategy for the next few years is to maximize value through focused asset management and disciplined capital recycling, including selective acquisitions and dispositions, while maintaining balance sheet flexibility and strength. This investment professional will work collaboratively to support the timely completion of the department's varied projects and objectives related to its strategy and business intelligence (individual hotel operations and macroeconomic analysis) functions. The investment team is responsible for a wide variety of functions including capital allocation, industry and market strategy, feasibility, and business intelligence. This is a highly analytical position that requires proactive problem solving and information gathering abilities, as well as an extremely strong working knowledge of complex financial spreadsheet modeling techniques. He/she will also provide tangential support to several integral disciplines at the company, including corporate finance, legal, and asset management. He/she will be responsible for the complete life cycle of an acquisition, from initial deal prospecting through feasibility, due diligence, contract/PSA negotiation and closing. Extensive modeling of potential hotel investments, including single-asset and portfolio financial projections and IRR/NPV analyses. Extensive analyses of major leases including management agreements, franchise agreements, loan documents, partnership agreements, etc. Participation in property tours/meetings with senior management, hotel brokers, lenders and hotel managers to obtain first-hand knowledge of hotels, competition and demand generators. Assist in the development of capital improvement or repositioning plans, including financial models to evaluate investment returns on proposed capital projects to both new investments and the existing portfolio. Assist with transaction due diligence and closing activities. Assist in the preparation of investment memoranda used for decision-making by the board, as well as presentations to investors, lenders and the board. Independently research, compile and interpret various topics related to supply/demand and global economic and industry metrics. This entails using a variety of third-party data providers and internet research tools. Provide quarterly updates and highly customized ad-hoc analysis used by senior management to formulate the firm's global capital allocation strategy. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree with a concentration in hotel administration, real estate, finance, or business. A minimum of 5 years of experience in hotel real estate acquisitions. Hotel feasibility/consulting, brokerage, macroeconomic analysis, or related field is preferred. Strong transaction-specific experience, including managing all aspects of the investment process. Strong analytical and computer/research/presentation skills, including Excel and PowerPoint. The proven ability to prepare robust IRR/NPV models, impact or ROI analyses. Working with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please contact us for more details.
- Vice President of Business Development - hotel firm - Atlanta, GAAn established hospitality management/investment/advisory company is seeking a senior hospitality business development executive. Reporting to the SVP, this individual will be a key member of the senior management team who will assist with the company's business development efforts, including acquisitions, third party management, new development deals, and equity and debt sourcing efforts. Specific areas of responsibility include forming strategic alliances, negotiating partnerships and significantly growing the hotel portfolio through incremental and individual industry relationships. This individual will also be responsible and capable of complex independent financial modeling and analysis process for potential deals, existing hotels, and other investor/corporate entity needs. The VP will have the proven ability to manage his or her own deal flow, and to work a deal from introduction to close. He/she may also assist with deals originated by others, and will possess proven excellent business relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders. Responsibilities: raise new sources of equity/capital for the firm's equity investments and JV/acquisition opportunities. Oversee all aspects of analyzing and assessing models and closing on acquisition, finance and management opportunities, and lead the negotiation and due diligence process for all of the above. Perform complex modeling and analysis. Negotiate and structure JV and management agreements. Be one of the firm's main points of contact for brokers and others for sourcing potential acquisitions/deals. Develop and maintain excellent franchise and capital relationships. Investigate and follow up on maximizing ROI projects within existing portfolio (i.e. excess land sales/development, brand changes, major capex projects). Be point of contact for any hotel dispositions/asset sales, as well as executing any necessary refinancing and/or restructuring of existing debt. Contact capital partners, servicers, and lenders for JV and management opportunities; contact REITs for JV, management, leasehold, and off-market acquisition opportunities; contact franchisors for management, acquisition, and new development opportunities - both value add and stabilized assets. Raise equity for ownership/investment opportunities. Seek debt capital providers for potential deals. Generate incremental fee income via management and acquisition/development fees, promotes, consulting, and purchasing/project management. Maximize ROI of all equity investments. Modeling and financial analysis of due diligence information to include but not limited to detailed financials, STR reports, PIP, QA, GSS, and market data. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration or business, MBA preferred. A highly accomplished dealmaker with extensive experience in business development. A successful track record of negotiating large, strategic deals, with more than 5 years of hospitality industry experience at either corporate, regional, or property level. Experience in negotiating franchise license and purchase and sale agreements as well as loan documents. Lodging experience to encompass one or more of the following: business development, operations experience, or operational understanding of full-service or resort hotels; asset or portfolio management; consulting and valuation; development or design and construction; experience within a brand or franchising company. Ability to create complex financial models in Excel, and a thorough understanding of advanced Excel macros, links, workbooks, formulas, etc. A demonstrated knowledge of financial principles and modeling processes. Must be fluent in investment analysis techniques, including NPV, IRR, and DCF. Demonstrated deal and deal closing experience. Please contact us for more information.
- Customer Success Manager -hospitality tech startup - Austin, Texas - remote officing possibleA young and well-funded hospitality technology firm that provides automated solutions to transform the hospitality industry is seeking a talented leader who will oversee the development and growth of their Customer Success team. This includes the coordination of account management and CRM strategies while managing the growth of the company's revenues. The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with clients to leverage the power of their solutions while building and maintaining strong professional relationships with both clients and colleagues. Collect, analyze, and extrapolate from data to make the customers' experience with the company as seamless as possible. Interact with and provide feedback to the internal engineering team to enhance the company and its services. Requirements: excellent communications skills and a passion for pioneering a revolution in hospitality are essential to succeed in this position. A Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, business or related field. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Three to five years of experience in customer success or client relationship/account management, preferably with a hospitality brand or servicer. An outgoing, sales-focused "Hotelie" personality who understands hotel operations and its ongoing innovation, particularly from the rooms/housekeeping side. Working with Cornell Hotel School graduates. OK for remote officing, but with frequent travel to Austin and to customer sites. Please contact us for more information.
- Corporate Director of Human Resources - multi-unit hospitality company - MinnesotaReporting to the CEO of this fourth generation, family-owned hospitality business, this senior HR executive will oversee and provide leadership for all people-related functions across the company's properties in Minnesota and Arizona. He/she will be responsible for creating and maintaining a world-class HR function that directly supports the company's core business objectives and values. Primary tasks will involve strategic HR planning and overseeing all policies, procedures, and systems associated with attracting, developing, and retaining the most highly sought-after employees who flourish in this unique concept. Responsibilities: a Cultural Ambassador: develop excellent working relationships with all staff to ensure a high quality, service-focused, fun, and safe working environment. Work collaboratively with HR staff at all properties to ensure compliance with all company and governmental policies and procedures. Advise management staff how to respond appropriately to all HR-related concerns. Oversee a fair and consistent progressive discipline program; review all exit and retention-related data. Planning: work with leadership in policymaking and implementation of plans and budgets. Monitor and assess HR trends and best practices and identify implications for overall business strategy. Prepare monthly reports that incorporate functional, operational, and financial metrics to track progress and demonstrate HR contributions to company performance. Evaluate procedures and technology that improve HR data management. Staffing: ensure that all job descriptions, recruiting/staffing guides and policies are current and implemented. Oversee corporate recruitment strategy and provide recruitment support for all properties. Assess and recommend reporting structures and staffing levels that support company goals and objectives. Develop and maintain succession plans for corporate staff and property-level executive committees. Development: oversee and monitor all company-wide training and performance development plans and recommend improvements. Ensure all HR staff are properly trained, and provide ongoing support for professional development. Oversee the company-wide performance management and development system and recommend improvements. Facilitate ongoing feedback from all corporate and property staff to assess engagement and performance. Assess trends and take initiative to address all concerns. Compensation/Benefits: conduct annual wage and salary surveys for corporate staff to establish competitive compensation plans; provide support to HR staff for property-level needs. Oversee administration of variable incentive programs, development and administration of all employee benefits, and workers' compensation claims. Oversee unemployment insurance tax management, including all responses, appeals, and hearings. Develop and implement employee incentive and recognition programs. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration, business, human resources, or similar. A Master's degree is highly desired, as are professional certifications, e.g. PHR, SPHR. 10 or more years of progressive hospitality human resources experience in a similar, multi-unit setting. Experience in strategic planning and execution. Experience in analyzing and re-engineering all major HR policies, procedures, and systems. A strong technical HR expert in the areas of labor and employment law, compliance, administration, and program design. Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Excel, HRIS and related systems. A high degree of professional and personal integrity, with the ability to communicate effectively and motivate teams across multiple levels and functions. A sense of humor and humility. The ability to work a flexible schedule, with 25% travel to property sites. A very competitive compensation package. Please contact us for more information.
- Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations - hotel ownership/management firm - Minneapolis, MNA hotel ownership and management company who owns 5 branded select service hotels in Minnesota/Wisconsin and with 2 more in the pipeline is seeking an SVP Operations to supervise the group's hotels as efficiently as possible. Responsibilities: hire and train qualified general managers to produce the highest volume of sales and affect the greatest profit while maintaining a high degree of public satisfaction, confidence and prestige in the service and quality of all hotels managed by the firm. Remain competitive in every area, producing and achieving budgetary goals. Follow company policies and procedures and maintain high employee morale. Oversee the supervision and operations of the hotels in order to achieve desired sales and profit goals. Interact with guests, potential guests, and community leaders. Maintain the highest ethical standards of operation and quality of services and facilities for company owned hotels. Ensure that hotel GMs achieve payroll and related budget and maintain high annual ratings on franchisor guest service indices and RevPAR within their competitive sets. Assist in developing and managing operating budgets for all hotels. Ensure that the sales efforts in all hotels are running up to par. Meet with sales managers to review sales calls and revenue achievements. Weekly review of hotel maintenance and quality standards for proper guest room, public space, and exterior cleanliness, as well as conduct random inspections. Analyze operations and meet with GMs to receive and review suggestions. Review monthly accounts receivable aging, guest complaints, brand guest satisfaction scores, and property ranking. Select, train and develop GMs, keeping them responsible for franchise and company standards and assisting them in improving their levels of performance. Oversee all programs that help improve employee morale and motivation. Direct monthly GM meetings regarding sales, forecasting, quality control, safety, etc. Prepare annual capital improvements lists and control and approve overtime, requisitions, purchase orders and all hotel expenses. Review star reports, CVB summaries and nightly occupancy comparisons. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hospitality or business. A minimum of 8 years of operations experience in a multi-unit, multi-location hospitality company, with a minimum of 5 years of general management experience, including a proven track record of growth and profitability. In addition to an operations background, experience in sales and marketing and/or accounting/finance is preferred. A strong knowledge of hospitality operations development theory, and methods and the ability to communicate them effectively to others within the organization. The ability to maximize the potential of the organization by introducing innovative concepts and holding teams accountable for the property-level delivery of customized, best-in-class solutions. Experience in developing and implementing appropriate systems for measuring critical aspects of operational management and development, including their impact on profit and revenue outcomes. Leadership skills, including communication, coaching, mentoring, feedback and training. A critical thinker and decision maker, with the ability to influence people in new ways of thinking- to commit and accept responsibility for actions combined with the patience to listen and respond. This executive will be an entrepreneurial and inspirational leader- someone who combines vision and urgency for the company. Please contact us for more information.
- Director of Restaurant Operations - small luxury hotel - Saratoga Springs, NYA newly renovated landmark boutique hotel in Saratoga Springs has an immediate need for an experienced high-end fine dining front of house manager, responsible for ensuring an exceptional dining experience at their very busy bar with food offerings, an indoor/outdoor casual concept with 40 seats, and an upscale, 170 seat fine dining restaurant. Reporting directly to the property's COO, he or she will oversee the restaurant and bar managers as well as the wine and cocktail program. Act as a liaison between the front and the back of the house to create a tightly knit team of leaders so that professionalism, cooperation and enthusiasm can flourish. Responsible for inventories, laundry management, operating supplies procurement, licenses, and administrative community relationships. Set and achieve guest experience quality and cost goals and act as the face of the restaurant when in the front of the house. Help recruit, interview, select and on-board all restaurant employees; oversee training, and motivate and lead the entire front of house staff. Oversee scheduling and labor costs, process the weekly FOH payroll, and manage all HR issues, including discipline and annual activity cycles for the department. Oversee the wine and cocktail program in coordination with the Beverage Manager, the restaurant managers, the Executive Chef, and the COO. Create and maintain a motivational upselling program for food and beverages, and help analyze menu item popularity and pricing, suggesting modifications to optimize revenue and profits. Have a complete understanding of all food and beverage items offered in the restaurants, including ingredients, methods of preparation, and proper service for each item. Have an excellent understanding of classical culinary terms, as well as a complete knowledge of all wines and other beverages available in the restaurant. Help create, implement, service and manage all special events, holiday events and private dining events. Prepare the annual operating budget and participate in monthly financial analysis meetings, taking action to optimize operating results. Oversee the receiving, storage and stocking of all service-related goods, operating equipment and operating supplies, as well as periodic inventories and reordering. Experience: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration, business or similar. At least ten years of increasing responsibility in hotel restaurant management, with five to seven years of supervisory experience over at least 30 employees. At least three years of experience in a five-star, five-diamond, Relais et Chateaux, or similar intensive organization. Three years of leadership in an executive role; opening and/or change management experience desirable. Multi-unit restaurant management experience, as well as a diverse background in food preparation desirable. Good knowledge of the various processes for restaurant management, food sourcing, procurement, preparation and handling, as well as food and labor cost control. Experience in sales and marketing, accounting and/or human resources is required. Self-confident and mature; able to manage systems, employees and demanding guests. Self-sufficient, with good analytical, administrative and problem solving skills. Discretion, and with the ability to manage multiple tasks, issues, co-workers and guests in stressful situations and take responsibility in a professional manner. A well-developed sense of taste and smell, and a passion for food and cuisine. A highly developed understanding of sophisticated lifestyles and their requirements. Working with Cornell Hotel School alumni. Please contact us for more details.
- Director of Sales - two resort hotels - NevadaAn established gaming/resort firm is seeking a Director of Sales for their two adjacent resorts totaling 450 rooms, located 90 minutes from Las Vegas, NV. The company's primarily office is in Las Vegas and the Director of Sales will spend two days a week at the resorts. Responsibilities: effectively lead the sales division. Be a role model and provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times. Drive sales and maximize total revenue and profitability across both properties by strategically pricing and placing gaming and non-gaming groups at each. Develop a sales strategy/plan by gathering historical and competitive data, then determining appropriate action plans which meet those goals. Work with the Dir. of Resort Operations, GM, and CFO to prepare the annual sales budget. Update action plans and financial objectives quarterly. Develop new business through obtaining accounts from competition, lateral development of existing accounts and contacting new customers in the market. The solicitation of new and saturation of existing business should be through a combination of in-house appointments, telephone, and personal calls as outlined by the marketing plan and budget. Entertain and maintain close relations with the major accounts, tourism and business associations, and community leaders to develop positive rapport and ensure repeat business. Prepare and interpret monthly reports. Monitor and analyze industry, local, and regional trends and proactively working on improving the company's business practices. Suggest and provide advertising and promotional support, holiday packages, corporate clubs, weddings, etc. for the Dir. of Marketing. Work closely with the Dir. of Resort Operations and front desk to ensure that selling strategies are understood and revenue is maximized. Revise sales and marketing guidelines, marketing procedures, and promotions manual as appropriate. Qualify and greet in-house guests at each hotel on a scheduled basis. Complete weekly reports and submit to executive committee. Conduct prospecting calls, outside sales calls, and multiple tours of the hotels each week. Participate and lead weekly sales meetings, as well as leadership and executive meetings. Monitor room inventory and rate programs; be knowledgeable of occupancy, average rate, and REVPAR goals. Requirements: a Bachelor's or greater degree in hotel administration, marketing, or business. Five or more years of successful hotel sales management experience. A long-term base plus sales commission opportunity that includes equity with a successful and growing firm. Working with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please contact us for more information.
- Hotel Real Estate Advisor - hotel brokerage firm - Midwestern location of choiceA commercial real estate brokerage firm dealing exclusively with hotel transactions currently has offices in Minnesota and Nebraska. The company transacts hotels in the upper Midwest via their national database of buyers and sellers, and they are now looking for self-starters to support the geographic growth of the firm. The expectation for a candidate would be to open a new brokerage office elsewhere in the Midwest (likely working from home) that focuses on adjacent and new geographic areas that will increase the firm's coverage of the US hotel marketplace. Attributes: professional communications skills. Self-motivation and self-direction, with the ability/willingness to work remotely while being part of a larger team. The ability and desire to work on a commission based income. Travel as required for showings, meetings, etc. Sales oriented, and willing to work as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers of hotels. Detail oriented, and able to check work completed by others to ensure that it is performed properly. The skill to create win/win solutions. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration, business, or related field, with a minimum of four years of experience in the quantitative side of the hotel industry or related business. The ability to read and understand/interpret hotel financial statements including NOI, EBITDA, ADR, occupancy, RevPAR, etc. Possesses, or has the ability to obtain, a real estate license in the state in which he or she intends to conduct business. Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) real estate law, local/regional economies, types of available mortgages, financing options, and government regulations as they pertain to the hotel industry. Working with Cornell Hotel School alumni. Please contact us for more information.
- Senior Manager, Interactive Account Management - luxury hotel company - New York, NYReporting to the Vice President of Interactive Marketing of this large established hospitality company and managing a team of two account development staff, the Senior Manager will act as the account/client service manager for the 140 hotels that are currently using the firm's internet booking engine. He/she will assist these hotels in maximizing online revenue acquisition through their own web sites, and will drive adoption of hotel direct digital marketing services, including mobile booking engine, Facebook plug in, and partner services. Advise hotels on use of Google Analytics to present strategies that drive higher conversion and increased revenue. Align with the firm's business performance team to understand and optimize engagement with hotels. Work with the revenue management team and their systems to support hotels' optimized rate strategies on the booking engine. Identify other opportunities to promote the company's online services to drive revenue and collaboration, i.e. digital co-op advertising. Identify and share best practices in digital marketing through all available communication channels, like newsletters, webinars, and conferences. Maintain subject matter expertise on competitive booking engines and online marketing offerings. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hospitality, marketing, IT or related field. 5 to 8 years of experience, preferably in hospitality, in an online transactional role with a focus on driving online revenue and/or conversion. The optimal profile would be a digital marketing person with a hospitality background. Experience in account management/account development roles in the digital marketing space. Experience with online analytics and reporting tools like Google Analytics. An understanding of online acquisition channels, including search and online advertising. Social media experience is a plus, as is an understanding of CSS and HTML coding. Hospitality/travel industry experience is strongly desired. Working for and with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please call us for more information.
- Hotel real estate transactions analysts/agents - San Francisco/other officesA small number of opportunities exist for hospitality transactions professionals to join one of the premier hotel advisory/brokerage groups, with 12 offices in the United States. The firm was founded in 2004 by hoteliers--owners, operators, and developers--who have a passion for the hospitality industry. The company has experienced rapid growth and been rated as one of the 200 fastest growing private companies in the US by Inc. Magazine three years in a row. The firm provides the highest quality brokerage, consulting and overall advisory services to the industry, the most accurate and timely analysis, along with the absolute integrity that has earned it the utmost respect from its peers and its clients. The team communicates and provides its services via technology beyond which the industry has even thought about. Its founders are its leaders. They do not answer to a mega-corporation, are not a subsidiary business, and are not publicly traded. This allows them to be the premier hotel advisory company without compromise. The group publishes articles, speaks at conferences, lectures at universities, and maintains a balance between their work and personal lives. Contrary to usual practice, the organization is always team-driven, working collectively and collaboratively. The organization is looking for the top 1% of talent in its industry segment for a long-term commitment to the firm. It offers the best industry commission splits, and as part of the family, all agents that meet criteria in longevity and performance have the ability to gain ownership in the company. Principals obtain and assign listings to teams of two or three, so new agents are able to work immediately on listings and have many diverse opportunities to close transactions. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree, preferably in hotel administration, real estate, or business, or an MBA Degree with a real estate finance focus. At least 3 to 5 years of experience in the hospitality industry in a consultancy, operational or brokerage role. Beyond this, individual profiles of varying levels of seniority will be considered. Upon joining the firm, 12 modules of training are required--from valuation analysis to branding to ethics. Although anyone selected will already be a hospitality real estate professional, by the end of their first year they will be a hotel expert. Working with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please contact us for more details.