Whether you are an individual seeking an exciting new challenge, or a company seeking top-notch talent, your interests are most assuredly kept confidential. We never present a candidate's resume without their express permission, and unless given approval by the candidate, we never contact current employers.
Please contact us at the address provided if you are a top-level, trustworthy hospitality manager or executive looking for opportunities with the finest companies in our industry worldwide. Due to our long association with the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration as a student, staff member, and volunteer, we naturally specialize in finding great opportunities for Cornell alumni and graduates of the other finest international colleges of hospitality management.
Here are all the current opportunities available through Philippus Miller III & Associates:
- Director of Asset Management - hospitality private equity firm - Washington, DCA multi-disciplined hotel private equity firm focused on acquiring and developing premium-branded select service hotels is seeking a Director of Asset Management. One of the fastest growing hotel real estate firms in the country, the organization currently owns and asset manages a portfolio of 16 hotels. In the past seven years, they have been involved in 32 acquisitions totaling $485 million. They specialize in developing and acquiring hotel investments, minimizing risk and maximizing performance through intensive asset management, and selling to leading institutions. The firm seeks to build its portfolio of real estate investments while diversifying a growing investor group's capital across multiple investments and brands. Investment activities are supported by the asset management division, which enables the company to provide high-level strategic and operational oversight to deliver superior value creation. Responsibilities: reporting to the VP of Asset Management, the Director will focus on a wide range of asset management and reporting duties. He/she will be involved in the entire asset cycle, from acquisition through a property's ongoing asset management and disposition. The Director will also be involved in ROI investments, acquisition/development projects, and debt financing. The company team is small and collaborative, with cross-discipline exposure. The Director will be lead asset manager for 3-5 properties and support the VP for the rest of the portfolio. Will be responsible for strategic planning and execution, including hold/sell analysis, as well as financial and investment analysis-monthly and quarterly review/analysis (P&L, STAR reports, segmentation, booking pace, labor productivity). He/she will drive asset performance by working closely with hotel management in a proactive manner, developing hotel revenue management strategies and cost containment programs to ensure preservation/growth of market share and NOI. Manage and leverage business intelligence platform (includes streamlining comp data) to drive KPI benchmarking and best practices. Also responsible for investor relations and reporting, budget planning and review, capital planning, including project tracking to ensure execution on budget and on time. Ensure compliance with management, franchise and loan agreements. Supplement acquisitions team underwriting with market analysis and help identify opportunities in market share, revenue and expense. Requirements: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, business, real estate or similar. A minimum of 4 years of experience in hotel analytics, preferably in asset management or hotel consulting and feasibility. Will also consider candidates with experience in hotel finance, e.g. a Director of Finance with a strong grasp of market positioning and share. A solid foundation in market penetration, repositioning/ROI analysis, segmentation strategy and channel management, expense control and benchmarking, value add initiatives, and budget analysis. Experience in capital planning/management. Strong analytical and Excel modelling skills, with a solid understanding of Cognos TM1. A passion for achieving extraordinary results: a verifiable track record of achieving results, exceeding goals, increasing revenue, RevPAR penetration and margins with a systematized approach to operations. Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to engage management companies and others in creative discussions of solutions and ideas, to achieve a common goal and build rapport and influence. A reputation as a thorough, detail-oriented self-starter, who can work with multiple demands and changing priorities and without constant feedback. A problem solver who foresees and identifies issues, gathers facts, weighs alternatives and proposes solutions in an innovative and resourceful manner. A sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced, non-bureaucratic, small company, entrepreneurial organization. An intelligent quick learner, with good listening skills and the desire to ask questions and learn from mistakes. Recognition as a person of the highest integrity and ethical grounding. Working for and with Cornell Hotel School alumni. Please contact us for more information.
- Senior Vice President of Acquisitions - lifestyle hotel brand - San Francisco, CAA brand of lifestyle hotels that is changing the way people experience the great outdoors is seeking a Senior Vice President of Acquisitions to join the organization and help lead the company in achieving its aggressive growth objectives to expand into major markets in North America, as well as key strategic markets internationally. The company provides an upscale, hassle-free experience in the spirit of camping in the world's leading outdoor destinations. It is poised for rapid expansion, with capital commitments in excess of $200M over the next 2-3 years. Reporting to the CFO, the SVP Acquisitions will be a key member of the senior leadership team, building the real estate portfolio and helping to shape the firm's expansion strategy. He/she will identify and acquire real estate suitable for development, repositioning, and conversion, as well as building out the deal sourcing and due diligence team. Responsibilities: source deal opportunities that align with the brand's growth and objectives. Build, develop, and manage a team of professionals to source and negotiate deals. Oversee financial and feasibility analysis, diligence, and presentation of investments to the investment committee. Manage ownership structure and operating agreement negotiations, and lead all due diligence efforts and closing of real estate transactions. Develop relationships with developers and potential joint venture partners to source and develop suitable properties. Oversee the due diligence, entitlement, and feasibility analysis process for all potential acquisition opportunities. Cultivate relationships with park and campground officials at local, state and federal, governmental organizations. Prepare and submit RFPs for concession/management opportunities at city, county, state, and national parks and forests. Build the team of acquisitions professionals to uncover opportunities at strategic locations, both domestically and abroad. Perform analytical studies to demonstrate the feasibility of the business plan for new acquisitions, analyzing the impact of the company's entry and/or expansion into key markets. Pursue opportunities for the acquisition and negotiation of management contracts. Work closely with the CFO and CEO to understand the company's strategic goals and how they translate to the acquisition of new properties. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration, finance or business. An MBA or Master's in Hospitality is desirable. A thorough understanding of finance and operations are essential, and a concentration in hospitality is much preferred. A minimum ten years of experience in real estate finance, including, specifically, commercial real estate acquisitions and negotiations. A minimum of three years of hospitality-specific acquisitions experience. A background in identifying and qualifying leads to close real estate acquisition and management contract deals. A deep understanding of all parts of the deal process for a variety of transaction types, including fee simple acquisitions, ground leases, management contracts, joint ventures, etc. Strong networking skills, and an established, excellent reputation among industry peers and colleagues. Comfortable and confident leveraging existing relationships and forging new ones to source off-market deal opportunities. Strong oral and written presentation skills. Highly analytical and strong Excel modeling skills. The ability to travel, primarily domestically, up to 50% of the time. Character: it is essential that this individual operates at a strategic level, can work independently and cohesively to lead a team, and positively represents the company both internally and externally. The successful candidate will be visible at industry conferences, present well to partners, work closely with the senior management team across functions, and be instrumental in participating in this rapidly growing business. Please contact us for more details.
- Director of Sales and Marketing - large branded resort hotel - Orlando, FLA 1000 room branded group resort hotel located next door to one of Orlando's major attractions is seeking a talented DOSM to develop, implement, maximize, and evaluate the hotel's communications objectives, strategies, advertising, public relations, and graphics/collateral, so as to ensure all advance bookings necessary for profitable operation. The hotel is coming out of a robust renovation and repositioning. Reporting to the General Manager, he/she will ensure that effective internal and external communications with partners exists, so media and internet relations skills are of the utmost importance. Responsibilities: direct the solicitation efforts of room sales while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel. Administer all staffing, training and performance reviews for the department and ensure training programs are conducted regularly. Guide and counsel staff toward improvement. Direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the sales department, to include the annual and monthly forecast, marketing budget, lead management system, booking report and sales meeting minutes. Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make recommendations to improve potential from various markets. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations for prospective clients. Internally promote hotel's programs. Meet with and entertain clients. Create and maintain press kit and ensure ongoing distribution to the media. Coordinate all hotel marketing efforts so as to maximize leverage in all marketing-related purchases. Establish ongoing relations with relevant media to promote specific promotions and story ideas for publication and review editorial calendars for current and future relevant opportunities. Solicit and host ongoing individual media visits and press trips, including advertising and media agencies, web designers and database managers to further the hotel's exposure to the press. Develop and expand exclusive promotional partnerships with area companies and develop special events to maximize resort exposure and revenue opportunities. Develop and plan all CRM initiatives, including implementation of database management for consolidation, classification and customization to be used in direct marketing programs. Oversee and strengthen property database management to build long term relationships with customers while strengthening brand equity by increasing visibility and awareness. Ensure all related websites are continually updated with all the latest information, pictures and group and leisure offers. Publish and distribute frequent press releases to potentially interested media with telephone follow-up. Maintain up-to-date public relations photo file for inclusion in appropriate releases. Attend executive, staff, and relevant departmental meetings to establish story ideas for press releases. Assist with the direction and implementation of internal marketing campaigns that integrate employee knowledge and support for property marketing activities. Assist with strategy for staff education and sales approaches useful in upselling, promoting seasonal specials, and general resort knowledge. Create and maintain a high level of awareness for the hotel by taking advantage of cross-selling and marketing opportunities with other company properties. Actively participate in community-related organizations to promote the hotel, with focus on local charities and the chamber of commerce. Work with the national PR consultant to coordinate promotions on behalf of the resort. Work with Director of Group Sales to develop leisure promotions and focus on media placement within region and travel industry publications to increase transient revenues. Supervise a team of 20, including the Director of Group Sales, Sales Managers, Catering & Convention Services. Requirements: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, marketing, communications, or similar. A strong and seasoned hospitality sales and marketing executive, with two or more years of experience as a DOSM, preferably in a big-box branded hotel or resort that relies primarily on group business. The position requires a thorough knowledge of a hotel's structure and how departments interact, as well as good knowledge of the travel industry, current market trends, and economic factors. A self-motivator, with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once. The ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner in order to solicit business, meet client needs and resolve complaints. Please contact us for more information.
- Manager, Hotel Operations - Olympics hospitality company - New York suburbsThis suburban NYC-based international firm is the world's leading provider of hospitality services to the Olympic Games. They have been providing international clients with unparalleled hospitality experiences at the Games worldwide for many decades. From the individual Olympics enthusiast to corporations with strategic business objectives, the firm's customized programs cover all the details- ticketing, travel, lodging, food and beverage, and events- from the first planning meeting to the closing ceremony. The Hotel and Food and Beverage Operations Department is responsible for all aspects of room inventory procurement, management and hotel relations for the company's corporate client programs, consumer programs, and staff accommodations. Additionally, the department plans, creates and implements a flawless, extraordinary culinary and hospitality experience for all of their guests. Reporting to the Director of Hotel Food, and Beverage Operations, the Manager will plan and execute daily departmental operations, including room management of the overall hotel portfolio, site inspections, host city and hotel research, data entry, standards and procedures, operational planning, staff recruitment and training, and reporting. Responsibilities: Assist in negotiating and finalizing all contracts for hotels, restaurants and hospitality in future event host cities. Assist in overseeing the master allocation of all rooms by maintaining occupancy and usage grids for all clients in order to optimize overall room usage and minimize wasted room nights. Ensure accurate data entry, inventory management, rooming lists, and reporting within the company's Olympic management system. Oversee the recruitment, interviewing, hiring process, and inter-departmental communication as it relates to hotel operations. Be the main liaison with vendors, suppliers, hotel key staff, and the Organizing Committee. Manage client and hotel communication of operational information and documents, i.e. hotel information, hotel allocation letters, site inspections, room numbers, floor plans, and rooming lists. Assist in budgeting, timelines, planning, and tracking sheets and reporting tools within shared network for daily operations and Games-time specific templates. Oversee daily operations of one or more hotel properties on the Olympics site. Manage temporary hotel operations staff on-site and oversee the preparation of daily reports on inventory, room reconciliations and post-wrap up reports. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration or similar, with at least five years of progressive full-service hotel experience. Related positions and experience in other hospitality roles will also be considered. Two years of experience managing a team. A strong knowledge of hotel front office operations with emphasis on rooms control. A working knowledge of reservations, events and banquets is a plus, as is a knowledge and understanding of hotel contractual components, budgets and cost control measures. Knowledge of Fidelio, Opera etc. is desired. Command of MS Office, plus effective and professional written and spoken communications skills. Previous work experience at the Olympics or a large sporting event is preferred; international experience is a plus. A valid US passport with the ability to travel to the Olympics for extended periods of time and work extended hours. An excellent long-term planner who can also be flexible while on-site at the Olympics. Please contact us for more information.
- Food and Beverage Manager - Olympics hospitality company - New York suburbsThis suburban NYC-based international firm is the world's leading provider of hospitality services to the Olympic Games. They have been providing international clients with unparalleled hospitality experiences at the Games worldwide for many decades. From the individual Olympics enthusiast to corporations with strategic business objectives, the firm's customized programs cover all the details- ticketing, travel, lodging, food and beverage, and events- from the first planning meeting to the closing ceremony. The Hotel and Food and Beverage Operations Department is responsible for all aspects of room inventory procurement, management and hotel relations for the company's corporate client programs, consumer programs, and staff accommodations. Additionally, the department plans, creates and implements a flawless, extraordinary culinary and hospitality experience for all of their guests. Reporting to the Director of Hotel Food and Beverage Operations, the Manager directly assists in all aspects of the planning and implementation of F&B operations to guarantee that the best possible culinary experience is delivered to their guests. He/she will be responsible for financial reporting, menu creation, system and schedule management, creation of standards/procedures, and communication with client service managers and other departments. Responsibilities: assist with the design and management of timelines; planning tools; and sourcing/contracting of all vendors and products to be utilized for the various design, furnishing and fit-out projects at specific venues. Create client approval processes and tools, as well as operational policies/procedures/operations plans for each event. Manage and maintain of a dedicated database system and operational/reporting tools. Implement and monitor event scheduling and have oversight for all F&B related operations on-site at each event. Source information and prepare all vendor orders, delivery timelines, and service guidelines, and assist in the preparation of vendor contracts. Prepare menu and wine lists and suitable selection at each venue and maintain operational timelines and progress reports. Assist in planning of floor plans, fit-outs, decor and other requirements for hospitality suites, dining locations and others. Create financial forecasting and budget creation, management and implementation. Plan and implement staff training, rosters, and scheduling. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration or similar, with at least five years of progressive full-service hotel experience. Related positions and experience in other hospitality roles will also be considered. F&B financial and management experience is essential. A thorough knowledge of banquets and events, menu planning, costing experience, as well as a strong knowledge of wine/beverage. Command of MS Office, plus effective and professional written and spoken communications skills. Knowledge of Fidelio, Opera etc. is desired. Previous work experience at the Olympics or a large sporting event is preferred; international experience is a plus. A valid US passport with the ability to travel to the Olympics for extended periods of time and work extended hours. An excellent long-term planner who can also be flexible while on-site at the Olympics. Please contact us for more information.
- Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations - hotel ownership/management firm - Minneapolis, MNA hotel ownership and management company who owns 5 branded select service hotels in Minnesota/Wisconsin and with 2 more in the pipeline is seeking an SVP Operations to supervise the group's hotels as efficiently as possible. Responsibilities: hire and train qualified general managers to produce the highest volume of sales and affect the greatest profit while maintaining a high degree of public satisfaction, confidence and prestige in the service and quality of all hotels managed by the firm. Remain competitive in every area, producing and achieving budgetary goals. Follow company policies and procedures and maintain high employee morale. Oversee the supervision and operations of the hotels in order to achieve desired sales and profit goals. Interact with guests, potential guests, and community leaders. Maintain the highest ethical standards of operation and quality of services and facilities for company owned hotels. Ensure that hotel GMs achieve payroll and related budget and maintain high annual ratings on franchisor guest service indices and RevPAR within their competitive sets. Assist in developing and managing operating budgets for all hotels. Ensure that the sales efforts in all hotels are running up to par. Meet with sales managers to review sales calls and revenue achievements. Weekly review of hotel maintenance and quality standards for proper guest room, public space, and exterior cleanliness, as well as conduct random inspections. Analyze operations and meet with GMs to receive and review suggestions. Review monthly accounts receivable aging, guest complaints, brand guest satisfaction scores, and property ranking. Select, train and develop GMs, keeping them responsible for franchise and company standards and assisting them in improving their levels of performance. Oversee all programs that help improve employee morale and motivation. Direct monthly GM meetings regarding sales, forecasting, quality control, safety, etc. Prepare annual capital improvements lists and control and approve overtime, requisitions, purchase orders and all hotel expenses. Review star reports, CVB summaries and nightly occupancy comparisons. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hospitality or business. A minimum of 8 years of operations experience in a multi-unit, multi-location hospitality company, with a minimum of 5 years of general management experience, including a proven track record of growth and profitability. In addition to an operations background, experience in sales and marketing and/or accounting/finance is preferred. A strong knowledge of hospitality operations development theory, and methods and the ability to communicate them effectively to others within the organization. The ability to maximize the potential of the organization by introducing innovative concepts and holding teams accountable for the property-level delivery of customized, best-in-class solutions. Experience in developing and implementing appropriate systems for measuring critical aspects of operational management and development, including their impact on profit and revenue outcomes. Leadership skills, including communication, coaching, mentoring, feedback and training. A critical thinker and decision maker, with the ability to influence people in new ways of thinking- to commit and accept responsibility for actions combined with the patience to listen and respond. This executive will be an entrepreneurial and inspirational leader- someone who combines vision and urgency for the company. Please contact us for more information.
- Hotel Real Estate Advisor - hotel brokerage firm - Midwestern location of choiceA commercial real estate brokerage firm dealing exclusively with hotel transactions currently has offices in Minnesota and Nebraska. The company transacts hotels in the upper Midwest via their national database of buyers and sellers, and they are now looking for self-starters to support the geographic growth of the firm. The expectation for a candidate would be to open a new brokerage office elsewhere in the Midwest (likely working from home) that focuses on adjacent and new geographic areas that will increase the firm's coverage of the US hotel marketplace. Attributes: professional communications skills. Self-motivation and self-direction, with the ability/willingness to work remotely while being part of a larger team. The ability and desire to work on a commission based income. Travel as required for showings, meetings, etc. Sales oriented, and willing to work as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers of hotels. Detail oriented, and able to check work completed by others to ensure that it is performed properly. The skill to create win/win solutions. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration, business, or related field, with a minimum of four years of experience in the quantitative side of the hotel industry or related business. The ability to read and understand/interpret hotel financial statements including NOI, EBITDA, ADR, occupancy, RevPAR, etc. Possesses, or has the ability to obtain, a real estate license in the state in which he or she intends to conduct business. Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) real estate law, local/regional economies, types of available mortgages, financing options, and government regulations as they pertain to the hotel industry. Working with Cornell Hotel School alumni. Please contact us for more information.
- Hotel real estate transactions analysts/agents - San Francisco/other officesA small number of opportunities exist for hospitality transactions professionals to join one of the premier hotel advisory/brokerage groups, with 12 offices in the United States. The firm was founded in 2004 by hoteliers--owners, operators, and developers--who have a passion for the hospitality industry. The company has experienced rapid growth and been rated as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US by Inc. Magazine for the last four years consecutively. The firm provides the highest quality brokerage, consulting and overall advisory services to the industry, the most accurate and timely analysis, along with the absolute integrity that has earned it the utmost respect from its peers and its clients. The team communicates and provides its services via technology beyond which the industry has even thought about. Its founders are its leaders. They do not answer to a mega-corporation, are not a subsidiary business, and are not publicly traded. This allows them to be the premier hotel advisory company without compromise. The group publishes articles, speaks at conferences, lectures at universities, and maintains a balance between their work and personal lives. Contrary to usual practice, the organization is always team-driven, working collectively and collaboratively. The organization is looking for the top 1% of talent in its industry segment for a long-term commitment to the firm. It offers the best industry commission splits, and as part of the family, all agents that meet criteria in longevity and performance have the ability to gain ownership in the company. Principals obtain and assign listings to teams of two or three, so new agents are able to work immediately on listings and have many diverse opportunities to close transactions. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree, preferably in hotel administration, real estate, or business, or an MBA Degree with a real estate finance focus. At least 3 to 5 years of experience in the hospitality industry in a consultancy, operational or brokerage role. Beyond this, individual profiles of varying levels of seniority will be considered. Upon joining the firm, 12 modules of training are required--from valuation analysis to branding to ethics. Although anyone selected will already be a hospitality real estate professional, by the end of their first year they will be a hotel expert. Working with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please contact us for more details.