Whether you are an individual seeking an exciting new challenge, or a company seeking top-notch talent, your interests are most assuredly kept confidential. We never present a candidate's resume without their express permission, and unless given approval by the candidate, we never contact current employers.
Please contact us at the address provided if you are a top-level, trustworthy hospitality manager or executive looking for opportunities with the finest companies in our industry worldwide. Due to our long association with the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration as a student, staff member, and volunteer, we naturally specialize in finding great opportunities for Cornell alumni and graduates of the other finest international colleges of hospitality management.
Here are all the current opportunities available through Philippus Miller III & Associates:
- General Manager - luxury hotel - New York, NYA noted luxury Manhattan hotel has an immediate need for a seasoned General Manager with a strong background in New York City. This is a very high-profile property with an active and engaged ownership group. The GM will need to be a change driver and willing to challenge the status quo. Requirements: prior NY luxury five star hotel GM experience, absolutely including the union relations component. Financial acumen drawn from extensive GM experience to tackle complex and non-traditional segmentation strategies. A resilient personality, calm under pressure and highly responsive. A high degree of interpersonal skills, with the maturity to effectively communicate with stakeholders. An effective negotiator who will influence the overall future direction of the hotel, and who is capable of creating strong business and community relationships. Highly engaged in the sales process with key business influencers. Strong leadership skills and able to manage both union and nonunion employees who have a wide range of experience. A nurturing personality, with the ability to motivate and challenge a tenured team. The ability to change and challenge the mindsets of the team while coaching and mentoring managers. High-level experience in a high powered, fast paced NYC luxury hotel. The capacity to offer exemplary service delivery in a union environment with a high ADR, as well as being able to drive top line revenues through travel industry relations and strong market presence. A great opportunity for a senior operations executive who has seen and done it all. Please contact us for more information.
- Chief Operations Officer - hotel ownership and management firm - Orlando, FLAn established, visionary luxury hospitality brand is seeking a Chief Operations Officer to be responsible for their growing portfolio of luxury boutique resort hotels, mostly located in the southeastern US. In addition to their ten operating properties, they have four projects in the pipeline and are looking to continue growth via ground-up development, acquisitions, and management opportunities. Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the executive team, the COO's direct reports include the entire operations function: all the hotel General Managers, as well as the VPs of Sales and Marketing, F&B Concepts and Operations (2), and Engineering. The company's real estate/development function is housed in a different division. Almost half of the firm's revenue is derived from food and beverage, so expertise in this area is essential. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration, business or similar. A Master's degree is preferred. A seasoned luxury multi-property operations executive, with a minimum of seven years of relevant work experience with a similar title and scope of responsibility. Experience in luxury hotel brands is preferred, although an organization with a similarly sized portfolio of independent properties could also be suitable. Experience in a fast paced, high change, growing company, who possesses an extensive food and beverage background in luxury-level outlets & markets. Regional travel of up to 50%, particularly during hotel openings. Working with Cornell Hotel School alumni. Please contact us for more details.
- Director of Marketing - fast food restaurant brand- suburban Washington, DCReporting to the Director of Restaurant Operations and supervising a Marketing Coordinator and a Brand Marketing Manager, the Director of Marketing will develop and implement strategic marketing plans and programs in support of the company's 60 or so restaurants. This includes advertising, public relations/communications, and sales promotion for all of their company-owned and franchise locations. Responsibilities: develop and implement marketing plans and programs. Direct external advertising agency to develop annual strategic marketing plan, calendar and ad campaign. Conceive and execute promotional programs to drive business. Oversee brand image and its usage. Collaborate on the conceptualization, testing and implementation of new menu items. Conduct sales analyses and evaluate the financial impact of promotional programs. Interact with franchisees, franchise business consultants, the marketing coordinator, and both district and general managers to train, develop, evaluate and plan for implementation of all marketing programs. Develop relationships with outside vendors to create partnerships for branding opportunities, marketing programs and co-op opportunities. Maintain and manage the marketing budget and the brand's marketing fund. Conduct periodic competitive shopping and stay abreast of consumer and industry trends. Assist with local store marketing activities. Work with and manage the outside ad agency on all of the brand's marketing and advertising activities. Direct and approve all creative pieces. Create PR communications materials. Manage radio production and the media plan and buys. Review website and social media and develop franchise marketing materials. Coordinate the development of promotional materials. Approve the design and supervise the production and distribution of various point-of-purchase menu boards and training materials, as well as the marketing resource guide. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communications, hospitality or business, and at least seven years of progressive experience in the marketing field. Outstanding interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize so as to meet goals. Exceptional customer service skills. Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe and similar software packages. Working with Cornell Hotel School alumni. Please contact us for more information.
- Manager, Hotel Operations - Olympics hospitality company - New York suburbsThis suburban NYC-based international firm is the world's leading provider of hospitality services to the Olympic Games. They have been providing international clients with unparalleled hospitality experiences at the Games worldwide for many decades. From the individual Olympics enthusiast to corporations with strategic business objectives, the firm's customized programs cover all the details- ticketing, travel, lodging, food and beverage, and events- from the first planning meeting to the closing ceremony. The Hotel and Food and Beverage Operations Department is responsible for all aspects of room inventory procurement, management and hotel relations for the company's corporate client programs, consumer programs, and staff accommodations. Additionally, the department plans, creates and implements a flawless, extraordinary culinary and hospitality experience for all of their guests. Reporting to the Director of Hotel Food, and Beverage Operations, the Manager will plan and execute daily departmental operations, including room management of the overall hotel portfolio, site inspections, host city and hotel research, data entry, standards and procedures, operational planning, staff recruitment and training, and reporting. Responsibilities: Assist in negotiating and finalizing all contracts for hotels, restaurants and hospitality in future event host cities. Assist in overseeing the master allocation of all rooms by maintaining occupancy and usage grids for all clients in order to optimize overall room usage and minimize wasted room nights. Ensure accurate data entry, inventory management, rooming lists, and reporting within the company's Olympic management system. Oversee the recruitment, interviewing, hiring process, and inter-departmental communication as it relates to hotel operations. Be the main liaison with vendors, suppliers, hotel key staff, and the Organizing Committee. Manage client and hotel communication of operational information and documents, i.e. hotel information, hotel allocation letters, site inspections, room numbers, floor plans, and rooming lists. Assist in budgeting, timelines, planning, and tracking sheets and reporting tools within shared network for daily operations and Games-time specific templates. Oversee daily operations of one or more hotel properties on the Olympics site. Manage temporary hotel operations staff on-site and oversee the preparation of daily reports on inventory, room reconciliations and post-wrap up reports. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration or similar, with at least five years of progressive full-service hotel experience. Related positions and experience in other hospitality roles will also be considered. Two years of experience managing a team. A strong knowledge of hotel front office operations with emphasis on rooms control. A working knowledge of reservations, events and banquets is a plus, as is a knowledge and understanding of hotel contractual components, budgets and cost control measures. Knowledge of Fidelio, Opera etc. is desired. Command of MS Office, plus effective and professional written and spoken communications skills. Previous work experience at the Olympics or a large sporting event is preferred; international experience is a plus. A valid US passport with the ability to travel to the Olympics for extended periods of time and work extended hours. An excellent long-term planner who can also be flexible while on-site at the Olympics. Please contact us for more information.
- Food and Beverage Manager - Olympics hospitality company - New York suburbsThis suburban NYC-based international firm is the world's leading provider of hospitality services to the Olympic Games. They have been providing international clients with unparalleled hospitality experiences at the Games worldwide for many decades. From the individual Olympics enthusiast to corporations with strategic business objectives, the firm's customized programs cover all the details- ticketing, travel, lodging, food and beverage, and events- from the first planning meeting to the closing ceremony. The Hotel and Food and Beverage Operations Department is responsible for all aspects of room inventory procurement, management and hotel relations for the company's corporate client programs, consumer programs, and staff accommodations. Additionally, the department plans, creates and implements a flawless, extraordinary culinary and hospitality experience for all of their guests. Reporting to the Director of Hotel Food and Beverage Operations, the Manager directly assists in all aspects of the planning and implementation of F&B operations to guarantee that the best possible culinary experience is delivered to their guests. He/she will be responsible for financial reporting, menu creation, system and schedule management, creation of standards/procedures, and communication with client service managers and other departments. Responsibilities: assist with the design and management of timelines; planning tools; and sourcing/contracting of all vendors and products to be utilized for the various design, furnishing and fit-out projects at specific venues. Create client approval processes and tools, as well as operational policies/procedures/operations plans for each event. Manage and maintain of a dedicated database system and operational/reporting tools. Implement and monitor event scheduling and have oversight for all F&B related operations on-site at each event. Source information and prepare all vendor orders, delivery timelines, and service guidelines, and assist in the preparation of vendor contracts. Prepare menu and wine lists and suitable selection at each venue and maintain operational timelines and progress reports. Assist in planning of floor plans, fit-outs, decor and other requirements for hospitality suites, dining locations and others. Create financial forecasting and budget creation, management and implementation. Plan and implement staff training, rosters, and scheduling. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration or similar, with at least five years of progressive full-service hotel experience. Related positions and experience in other hospitality roles will also be considered. F&B financial and management experience is essential. A thorough knowledge of banquets and events, menu planning, costing experience, as well as a strong knowledge of wine/beverage. Command of MS Office, plus effective and professional written and spoken communications skills. Knowledge of Fidelio, Opera etc. is desired. Previous work experience at the Olympics or a large sporting event is preferred; international experience is a plus. A valid US passport with the ability to travel to the Olympics for extended periods of time and work extended hours. An excellent long-term planner who can also be flexible while on-site at the Olympics. Please contact us for more information.
- Junior Operations Analyst - hotel ownership/management company - eastern PennsylvaniaAn established and growing mid-Atlantic branded select service hotel developer, owner and operator is seeking a junior operations analyst- a recent hospitality graduate- to be responsible for financial and operational analysis that supports development and acquisition feasibility, as well as short and long range strategic plans and operating budgets. Responsibilities: develop pro formas for acquisition and development hotel portfolio. Evaluate data, prepare forecasts, analyze trends and presents results pertaining to new project development and acquisitions. Manage the underwriting of new projects, including gathering and synthesizing critical market and competitive data and assisting treasury with the preparation of financing procurement. Perform complex financial analysis, prepare presentations, and present results to the firm's investment committee and board, including compilation and review of financial plans and budgets. Manage the tracking of new project pipeline, including reporting on current pursuit status, due diligence critical path, and investment return criteria. Review and analyze critical documents and agreements such as franchise and service agreements and land leases. Strategic asset plan functions: work directly with VP of Finance and President to develop strategic asset plan. Coordinate on consolidation and maintenance of strategic plan capital allocation, measurement and reporting. Carry out financial analysis at multiple levels of complexity, including market value calculations, rate of return, depreciation, capital investments, budgeting, cost analysis and financial and operational performance comparisons. Asset management functions: assist in adapting new business intelligence tools in the creation and reporting of daily and monthly operating and sales results. Develop analysis and presentations on all initiatives and metrics relating to rate and occupancy, gross operating profit, and asset/portfolio returns. Help provide evaluation and budgeting of capital expenditures including ROI and budget/forecast variance analysis. Compile and review financial and sales/marketing plans and budgets, taking into consideration actual performance, historical results and new market dynamics. Critically interpret and report on STR results and industry benchmarking data. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration, finance, business, or related. A recent graduate who has had some summer or internship experience as a financial analyst or consultant in the hotel and real estate industries. Some experience working in a hands-on hospitality operations environment is preferable. A working knowledge of hotel operations, sales, accounting, and development processes. Experience with integrated financial systems (SAP) and MS Office, with excellent business writing and presentation skills. Very strong Excel modeling, charting and graphics skill set. Proficiency in hotel finance concepts such as internal rate of return and debt underwriting. A strong understanding of the hotel uniform system of accounts. The ability to understand and critically interpret STR reports. Proficient general market research skills, with the ability to independently collect and evaluate economic and local market data. Corporate offices are located one hour west of Philadelphia. Some regional travel, specific to deadlines. A great opportunity to learn and to advance. Working with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please contact us for more information.
- Director of Food and Beverage - resort hotel - Chesapeake Bay, MDReporting to the COO of a well established and expanding family-owned waterfront hospitality entity located an hour from both Baltimore and Washington, after expansion the Director of Food and Beverage will have comprehensive functional management for 130 guest rooms, 3 restaurants, one seasonal beach/pool operation, and 15,000 square feet of full-service banquet, wedding, and conference services. The resort is just beginning a major repositioning and expansion project that will grow F&B revenues from $7M to $14M. The Director will establish and maintain quality standards for product and service, will establish an environment of excellence for the resort's family of employees, and will develop and promote innovative, market segmented outlets and banquet events in order to meet customer satisfaction and profit plan objectives. Responsibilities: continuously monitor and evaluate product delivery systems in order to improve service. Track market trends and develop new products and venues to meet goals and objectives. Monitor departmental selection and training criteria, procedures, and tools such as job descriptions, standards, and manuals. Promote safety and sanitation. Actively solicit and act upon guest and employee feedback. Work with the marketing department to develop strategies to promote outlets, banquet events and other services. Prepare profit plans, forecasts, and financial analyses. Formulate and implement systems to control product, labor, and discretionary expenses in order to maximize profit. Mentor, train, coach and contribute to the professional development of team members in order to improve advancement opportunities. Requirements: a degree in hospitality, business, or similar. 10 years of food and beverage experience, with at least 5 years at a department head level position. Computer literacy, with working knowledge of POS, inventory management, and timekeeping systems, as well as Excel and MS Word. A thorough understanding of budgeting, P&Ls, forecasting, and accounting procedures. Demonstrated customer-oriented problem solving skills; clear, concise written and verbal communication skills; team building, time management, and organization skills; creativity and innovation; attention to detail and follow-up; decisiveness, and the ability to develop and inspire staff to achieving continuous improvement goals. Working with Cornell Hotel School alumni. Please contact us for more details.
- Director of Marketing / Operations Manager / Food and Beverage Manager (3 positions) - luxury baths/spa/hotel - New York, NYA brand new Asian concepted spa/baths/30 room hotel located just across the river from Manhattan is seeking a Director of Marketing, an Operations Manager, and a Food and Beverage Manager. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this elegant and spectacular facility has 160 employees, 20 managers, and a wide variety of soaking baths, pools, saunas, and treatment facilities, a rooftop garden, pools, and 3 food and beverage outlets, as well as a 30 room luxury hotel. The property has met with great early success, accommodating as many as 1500 people a day at peak. To date it has relied upon millennials/social media for its marketing. The executives will need to be very hands-on, service oriented and available/visible/on the floor, managing by walking around, as well as by example. Ambitious up and comers could well be compelling candidates. The Marketing Director will report to the GM and will focus on the different demographics of the varied clientele and on the difference in how Americans view the concept of an Asian spa versus how Europeans and Asians view it. Of particular importance will be a good background in branding, reputation management, public/press relations, oral and written communications, and a strong understanding of social media. This facility has the distinct potential to be the best in its class and needs strong senior leadership. Very competitive salaries with a generous incentive bonus program are offered. Working for an entrepreneurial graduate of Cornell. Please contact us for more information.
- Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations - hotel ownership/management firm - Minneapolis, MNA hotel ownership and management company who owns 5 branded select service hotels in Minnesota/Wisconsin and with 2 more in the pipeline is seeking an SVP Operations to supervise the group's hotels as efficiently as possible. Responsibilities: hire and train qualified general managers to produce the highest volume of sales and affect the greatest profit while maintaining a high degree of public satisfaction, confidence and prestige in the service and quality of all hotels managed by the firm. Remain competitive in every area, producing and achieving budgetary goals. Follow company policies and procedures and maintain high employee morale. Oversee the supervision and operations of the hotels in order to achieve desired sales and profit goals. Interact with guests, potential guests, and community leaders. Maintain the highest ethical standards of operation and quality of services and facilities for company owned hotels. Ensure that hotel GMs achieve payroll and related budget and maintain high annual ratings on franchisor guest service indices and RevPAR within their competitive sets. Assist in developing and managing operating budgets for all hotels. Ensure that the sales efforts in all hotels are running up to par. Meet with sales managers to review sales calls and revenue achievements. Weekly review of hotel maintenance and quality standards for proper guest room, public space, and exterior cleanliness, as well as conduct random inspections. Analyze operations and meet with GMs to receive and review suggestions. Review monthly accounts receivable aging, guest complaints, brand guest satisfaction scores, and property ranking. Select, train and develop GMs, keeping them responsible for franchise and company standards and assisting them in improving their levels of performance. Oversee all programs that help improve employee morale and motivation. Direct monthly GM meetings regarding sales, forecasting, quality control, safety, etc. Prepare annual capital improvements lists and control and approve overtime, requisitions, purchase orders and all hotel expenses. Review star reports, CVB summaries and nightly occupancy comparisons. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hospitality or business. A minimum of 8 years of operations experience in a multi-unit, multi-location hospitality company, with a minimum of 5 years of general management experience, including a proven track record of growth and profitability. In addition to an operations background, experience in sales and marketing and/or accounting/finance is preferred. A strong knowledge of hospitality operations development theory, and methods and the ability to communicate them effectively to others within the organization. The ability to maximize the potential of the organization by introducing innovative concepts and holding teams accountable for the property-level delivery of customized, best-in-class solutions. Experience in developing and implementing appropriate systems for measuring critical aspects of operational management and development, including their impact on profit and revenue outcomes. Leadership skills, including communication, coaching, mentoring, feedback and training. A critical thinker and decision maker, with the ability to influence people in new ways of thinking- to commit and accept responsibility for actions combined with the patience to listen and respond. This executive will be an entrepreneurial and inspirational leader- someone who combines vision and urgency for the company. Please contact us for more information.
- Hotel Real Estate Advisor - hotel brokerage firm - Midwestern location of choiceA commercial real estate brokerage firm dealing exclusively with hotel transactions currently has offices in Minnesota and Nebraska. The company transacts hotels in the upper Midwest via their national database of buyers and sellers, and they are now looking for self-starters to support the geographic growth of the firm. The expectation for a candidate would be to open a new brokerage office elsewhere in the Midwest (likely working from home) that focuses on adjacent and new geographic areas that will increase the firm's coverage of the US hotel marketplace. Attributes: professional communications skills. Self-motivation and self-direction, with the ability/willingness to work remotely while being part of a larger team. The ability and desire to work on a commission based income. Travel as required for showings, meetings, etc. Sales oriented, and willing to work as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers of hotels. Detail oriented, and able to check work completed by others to ensure that it is performed properly. The skill to create win/win solutions. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration, business, or related field, with a minimum of four years of experience in the quantitative side of the hotel industry or related business. The ability to read and understand/interpret hotel financial statements including NOI, EBITDA, ADR, occupancy, RevPAR, etc. Possesses, or has the ability to obtain, a real estate license in the state in which he or she intends to conduct business. Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) real estate law, local/regional economies, types of available mortgages, financing options, and government regulations as they pertain to the hotel industry. Working with Cornell Hotel School alumni. Please contact us for more information.
- Hotel real estate transactions analysts/agents - San Francisco/other officesA small number of opportunities exist for hospitality transactions professionals to join one of the premier hotel advisory/brokerage groups, with 12 offices in the United States. The firm was founded in 2004 by hoteliers--owners, operators, and developers--who have a passion for the hospitality industry. The company has experienced rapid growth and been rated as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US by Inc. Magazine for the last four years consecutively. The firm provides the highest quality brokerage, consulting and overall advisory services to the industry, the most accurate and timely analysis, along with the absolute integrity that has earned it the utmost respect from its peers and its clients. The team communicates and provides its services via technology beyond which the industry has even thought about. Its founders are its leaders. They do not answer to a mega-corporation, are not a subsidiary business, and are not publicly traded. This allows them to be the premier hotel advisory company without compromise. The group publishes articles, speaks at conferences, lectures at universities, and maintains a balance between their work and personal lives. Contrary to usual practice, the organization is always team-driven, working collectively and collaboratively. The organization is looking for the top 1% of talent in its industry segment for a long-term commitment to the firm. It offers the best industry commission splits, and as part of the family, all agents that meet criteria in longevity and performance have the ability to gain ownership in the company. Principals obtain and assign listings to teams of two or three, so new agents are able to work immediately on listings and have many diverse opportunities to close transactions. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree, preferably in hotel administration, real estate, or business, or an MBA Degree with a real estate finance focus. At least 3 to 5 years of experience in the hospitality industry in a consultancy, operational or brokerage role. Beyond this, individual profiles of varying levels of seniority will be considered. Upon joining the firm, 12 modules of training are required--from valuation analysis to branding to ethics. Although anyone selected will already be a hospitality real estate professional, by the end of their first year they will be a hotel expert. Working with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please contact us for more details.