Whether you are an individual seeking an exciting new challenge, or a company seeking top-notch talent, your interests are most assuredly kept confidential. We never present a candidate's resume without their express permission, and unless given approval by the candidate, we never contact current employers.
Please contact us at the address provided if you are a top-level, trustworthy hospitality manager or executive looking for opportunities with the finest companies in our industry worldwide. Due to our long association with the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration as a student, staff member, and volunteer, we naturally specialize in finding great opportunities for Cornell alumni and graduates of the other finest international colleges of hospitality management.
Here are all the current opportunities available through Philippus Miller III & Associates:
- Vice President of Hospitality - real estate development company - Boston, MAA Boston-based real estate development and investment firm seeks an entrepreneurial, highly motivated individual for their newly created VP Hospitality position. The ideal candidate will combine substantial operations experience with strong financial acumen and budgetary knowledge to assist the firm in their asset management and development activities. The company has completed a variety of ground-up development projects in the residential, retail, and hospitality spaces and has acquired a pipeline of future projects. The firm's hospitality development work in the Boston and Florida markets is based on a strategy of providing high-design, high-service, boutique scale projects on sites where they can build multiple phases of buildings. Their latest investment in developing a lifestyle hotel brand is a response to where they see the real estate market is headed. They believe that operational excellence and a strong brand across the asset types (residential, office, retail, hotel) will be a differentiator in their ability to source new deals and outperform when they execute them. The firm's lean team has several core competencies, including the permitting, design, construction management, financing, and investment management of real estate. They are looking to add a VP who can bring hospitality knowledge and experience in managing their existing assets, finalizing design and development of the next project (a permitted 130-140 keys in downtown Boston with extensive F&B/events programming breaking ground in the fall), and pushing forward on future opportunities. The firm hopes to bring management of hotel operations in-house in the future and extend the brand they're building to properties they don't own, so the ability to potentially oversee and build that business line is what they want and need. For now, the VP will have their hands full with third party managers and the development work. Responsibilities: reporting to the company's president, the VP will join the executive team and bring expertise to the business activities of the company, which currently include asset management, development, and ownership of real estate and land for both hospitality and other uses. The VP will have the expertise to help shape current projects and to leverage opportunities to build new relationships and brand and manage forthcoming projects. He/she should be a strategic thinker, as well as have the ability to establish credibility and direct a group towards a common vision while working in a collaborative fashion. The dynamic environment of this real estate firm requires excellent attention to detail, follow through, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Across the lifecycle of a project, the day to day can vary widely, but responsibilities will include strategic oversight of and assistance to third party management in marketing, operations, capital, and reporting responsibilities for a growing portfolio of lodging assets. Conduct property inspections and lead owner meetings with onsite management. Interact in a thoughtful and collaborative manner with the goal of enhancing asset value through product positioning, revenue maximization, cost effective operations, and guest service. Implement the detailed branding developed in conjunction with the creating the hotel asset, and assist onsite personnel in obtaining support for the production of collateral and SOPs for upholding the standards of service. Work with vendors, PR, and onsite marketing teams to pursue brand extension opportunities and partnerships. Provide the hospitality expertise to continue the firm's development work, including an expansion of offerings in Florida with a focus on membership to use the facilities, including a brand-new stand-alone events venue and garden. Provide the same assistance with planning, programming, and executing the Boston property. Assist in detailed research and leveraging of contacts to underwrite the development activities of the firm. Analyze and respond to all market, operations, and capital expenditure reporting. Develop a strategic plan to bring management of the firm's owned properties in-house over the next 2-3 years. Seek out opportunities/partner with other owners to extend the firm's services to their properties. Review and approve all budgets for hotel properties. Create capital plans and approve project budgets for both completed and under development properties. Interface with legal, finance, brokerage, construction, and consultant professionals at all levels. Bring vision, a can-do attitude, and a sincere interest in and love for the hospitality world to the office every day. Bring an optimism and a thirst for finding opportunities and making them happen. Qualifications: in this small but growing company, fit will be very important. Intelligence, vision, and passion will be highly valued. A successful candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in hotel operations and asset management. In addition, extensive and broad knowledge, experience, and contacts within the lodging industry is required. A Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, business, or similar. In addition to quantitative real estate finance skills, he/she must have excellent soft skills for working with a variety of professionals, as well as strong hospitality industry relationships and a strong network to draw on to create new opportunities. Please contact us for more information.
- Director of Revenue - lifestyle hotel brand - San Francisco, CAA lifestyle hospitality brand that is changing the way people experience the great outdoors is seeking a Vice President/Director of Revenue, to be based in San Francisco and help lead this fast-growing company in achieving its aggressive growth objectives to expand into major markets in North America and internationally. The firm is poised for rapid expansion, with capital commitments in hand in excess of $200M for the next 2-3 years. The revenue executive will report directly to the COO and be a key member of the leadership team. He/she will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of all revenue management, ecommerce, and sales and marketing functions for the brand's portfolio. Responsibilities: directly oversee the revenue management team, corporate sales managers, and all reservations staff. Maximize revenue for all properties including group, transient, and catering, ensuring monthly and annual goals are achieved. Devise revenue management strategy, and manage rate and inventory to ensure deployment of the right price at the right time. Train and direct team efforts. Direct the solicitation efforts of sales and reservations staff using effective communication, while overseeing rate, date and space commitments and deployment strategies. Develop and present detailed revenue build-up for annual budgets for all properties. In conjunction with the Chief Marketing Officer, develop annual sales and marketing plan and execute all planned strategies. Develop SOPs for sales and train staff in effective sales strategies. Streamline sales process. Lead weekly revenue management meetings with GMs and sales and reservations teams. Ensure consistent revenue strategies are in place and monitored for effectiveness. Identify short- and long-term revenue holes and create strategies to in-fill with new business. Own all OTA relationships and ensure best practices for managing relationships and rate strategies are in place. Evaluate and negotiate new OTA partnerships. Assist in monitoring submission of contracts and proposals, provide guidance and assistance to sales managers to quote and close business. Coordinate with marketing team to ensure that initiatives are aligned, that SEO, pay-per-click, collateral development, email and other campaigns are targeted, in synch, and meeting required ROI thresholds. Set group booking goals, group ceilings and overbooking policies. Implement sales manager bonus plan and track individual performance against goals. Work with HR and GMs to interview, select and train new sales team members. Act as an interim sales manager when needed. Look for opportunities to further market the brand through advertising programs, tradeshows and partnership events. Monitor performance of reservations team- insure proper training is in place and goals are being realized. Participate in developing quarterly department goals, objectives and systems. Requirements: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, marketing or similar. A passion for hospitality and the great outdoors. Strong analytical skills, with a minimum of 8 years of experience in hospitality revenue management. Experience as a DORM/DOSM in a multi-property environment. Sales experience: strategic with tactical sales skills; act as a consultant who is skilled in relationship management and negotiations. A highly effective communicator who knows how to lead and mentor, to budget and forecast, and has critical evaluation skills. Working knowledge of cloud-based applications; knowledge of Google Suite preferred. Travel several times a month may be needed. Working with a Cornell Hotel School graduate. Please contact us for more information.
- Director of Acquisitions - lifestyle hotel brand - San Francisco, CAA lifestyle hospitality brand that is changing the way people experience the great outdoors is seeking a Director of Acquisitions, to be based in San Francisco and help lead this fast-growing company in achieving its aggressive growth objectives to expand into major markets in North America and internationally. The person in this role will report directly to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and will be a key member of the leadership team, building the real estate portfolio and helping to shape the company's expansion strategy. He/she will identify and acquire real estate suitable for development, repositioning, and conversion. The firm is poised for rapid expansion, with capital commitments in hand in excess of $200M for the next 2-3 years. Responsibilities: build, develop, and manage a team of acquisitions professionals to source and negotiate deal opportunities that align with the company's growth and objectives for the brand, both domestically and abroad. Oversee financial and feasibility analysis, diligence, and presentation of investments to the investment committee. Lead real estate negotiations with selling landowners, JV negotiations with partners, and closing of real estate transactions. Develop relationships with developers and potential JV partners to source and develop properties suitable for the brand. Oversee the due diligence, conceptual design, entitlement, and feasibility analysis process for all potential acquisition opportunities. Cultivate relationships with local and national government park and campground officials, as well as with owners of campgrounds and wineries. Prepare and submit requests for proposals for concession/management opportunities at city, county, state, and national parks and forests. Perform analytical studies to demonstrate the feasibility of the business plan for new acquisitions- analyzing the impact of the brand's entry and/or expansion into key markets. Pursue opportunities for the acquisition and negotiation of management contracts. Work closely with the CDO to understand the company's strategic goals and how they translate to the acquisition of new properties. Requirements: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, business, or similar. A minimum of 10 years of experience in real estate finance, specifically including commercial real estate acquisitions and negotiations, with at least 3 years of hospitality acquisitions experience. An understanding of the real estate entitlement process, and ideally, experience working with local governmental agencies to gain development project approvals. Experience identifying and qualifying leads to close real estate acquisition and management contract deals. A deep and experiential understanding of all parts of the deal process for a variety of transaction types, including fee simple acquisitions, ground leases, management contracts, joint ventures, etc. Strong networking skills and an established reputation among industry peers and colleagues. Comfort and confidence in leveraging existing relationships and forging new ones to source off-market deal opportunities. Strong analytical and Excel modeling skills, as well as oral and written presentation skills. Someone who thinks at a strategic level and will also be comfortable operating as "a doer" and getting into the details. The ability to travel, primarily domestically, up to 50% of the time. Working with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please contact us for more information.
- Chief Sales Officer - hospitality real estate developer - Boston, MAA Boston-based real estate developer and owner of country clubs, high-level residential communities and boutique hotels is seeking an experienced Chief Sales Officer to oversee and implement a holistic sales funnel, help define appropriate and targeted sales strategies for each of its properties, improve real estate sales processes, and serve as the liaison between the firm's marketing department and on-site brokers. Across their six international properties the company has a wide variety of luxury real estate inventory, and the Chief Sales Officer will refine the company's sales strategy at each property and serve as the voice of their customers. Responsibilities: take ownership of the end-to-end real estate sales funnel and identify and implement processes to enhance conversion strategies at all stages, from early outreach initiatives to on-site experience. Proactively identify conversion opportunities and work with brokers and marketing teams to refine sales approach at each customer touchpoint. Oversee on-site sales experience, including pushing for the development and packaging of best-possible developer vision, sales and marketing collateral material, and other relevant sales tools. Work with membership sales directors to refine strategy, approach and process. Responsible for annual outcomes in terms of reaching and exceeding annual sales goals. Customer identification: gather data and information to bring the customer to life and refine the approach to targeting and converting new leads. Inform development teams on customer preferences regarding real estate products and master planning/amenities. Be an advocate for identification and development of highly relevant target customers. Marketing data: collaborate with marketing department to collect and analyze data on key demographic bases. Assist in implementing data-driven strategies for effectively targeting and converting real estate sales prospects. Serve as a bridge between on-site salespeople and corporate marketing department. Collaborate with marketing department on omnichannel marketing strategy, as well as continued implementation and improvement of CRM strategies. Understand the needs and desires of the firm's existing membership and its real estate prospects, and develop communications protocols to appropriately inform membership prospects on corporate strategies and vision. Existing customers are the best source of referrals and leads: implement strategies to delight members, and explore their networks to develop sales leads. Requirements: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, sales and marketing, or similar. 10+ years of experience managing sales organizations, with experience in implementing new data-driven sales strategies and processes. Preference may be given to candidates with experience in the luxury real estate and hospitality fields. Process- and data-oriented, but strong in communication and relationship-building. A high level of written and oral communication skills. Frequent travel required. Generous compensation commensurate with an experienced sales leader, with significant incentive opportunities. Working with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please contact us for more information.
- Director of Human Capital - hospitality real estate developer - Boston, MAA Boston-based real estate developer and owner of country clubs, residential communities and boutique hotels is seeking an experienced Director of Human Capital to identify, develop and implement employee-centric systems, programs and processes that will support the growth, development and satisfaction of the firm's most important asset- its people. The company has over 700 employees, ranging from long-serving executives in the corporate offices to seasonal team members at various properties. This role will be tasked with leading human capital at the corporate level, as well as exploring and instituting processes and hiring support to ensure excellence at the property level. The Director will work with corporate employees and property General Managers to implement and enhance programs that will maximize talent and optimize employee engagement. Reporting to the CFO and Chairman, the position's responsibilities cover the full breadth of the HR function, including: identifying organizational needs and enabling the hiring of the best talent for all positions; establishing a streamlined hiring process at all levels of the organization; building an effective screening and interviewing program, including offering interview skills training for all hiring managers; and leading and streamlining all major hiring processes including corporate searches. Design and manage compelling incentive programs, including compensation and annual bonus plans. Expand processes that identify high and low performers and launch career pathing programs for employees of all levels. Develop training programs for all employees- both specific job skills training as well as wellness, personal development, and "next level up" opportunities. Advise management teams on development and refinement of training programs, including onboarding, corporate philosophy, job-specific programs and broad service-focused initiatives. Create and manage programs to expose operational employees to comparable properties. Implement cross-department training and education programs for employees to understand the full scope of the operation, so as to foster cooperation, collaboration and respect. Work with CFO on implementation and management of innovative corporate communication and collaboration programs. Proactively identify progressive programs to drive employee engagement and satisfaction fostering loyalty to the community. Launch continuous feedback review process for corporate employees. Refine performance management processes with HR and operations teams and monitor compliance with processes. Requirements: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, sales and marketing, or similar. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the hospitality field or other industries with a significant seasonal labor component. 10+ years of experience working directly on the implementation and oversight of hiring, training and incentive programs. A high level of written and oral communication skills. Monthly travel required. Working with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please contact us for more information.
- Director/VP Operations - new RV/ small cottage concept - Salt Lake City/rural UtahA Utah-based real estate private equity firm that has been primarily focused in the multifamily market is now in the very early stages of creating a separate hospitality line, focused exclusively on the traditional recreational vehicle (RV) park industry. This is a new concept in this segment, designed to deliver on the experience people are increasingly seeking from this form of recreation, along with a unique amenity package creating a premium new offering in the market. Reporting to the COO, the firm is seeking candidates with hospitality experience and an entrepreneurial mindset to be the point person for operating their first property in rural Utah. The project is under development and will be completed in 2020. It will be comprised of 100 keys: 69 RV sites, 22 small cottages, and 9 upscale trailers. To succeed in this role the candidate must be driven, ambitious, experienced and seeking an entrepreneurial environment. Candidates would reside in the vicinity of the corporate office in Salt Lake City and make regular trips to the property location. Interest in real estate development is a plus, though fundamentally, the company needs an experienced operations professional to open the property. Responsibilities: hire and manage on-site staffing, including payroll, HR, and scheduling. Implement and optimize marketing and PR to drive traffic and maximize revenue. Plan and implement services, including housekeeping, landscaping, food and beverage service, and entertainment programming. Design, monitor and improve processes and systems that support guest experience with a view towards improving retention and ROI. Monitor, review, and analyze data and performance statistics, as well as business metrics of all types, and introduce and execute initiatives to improve performance. Participate in the creation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for investors and senior management. Manage property-level cash, and project and recommend appropriate property-level contributions and distributions. Evaluate the local market to identify changes and trends and their related impact on real estate values and investment strategies. Requirements: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, real estate, or related field, with a strong record of academic achievement. Strong hospitality operations experience, although exposure to real estate and/or asset management would be a plus. Exceptional analytical skills and advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. A strong understanding of hospitality operations. The firm fosters a collaborative professional environment where each employee is encouraged and expected to contribute to its processes, decisions, planning, and culture. Please contact us for more information.
- Sales Director - experiential adventure travel brand - Crested Butte, CO or New York, NYA unique luxury accommodation and experiential travel brand is seeeking a Sales Director. The company, based in Colorado but with a Manhattan office, has a slate of immaculately designed properties in strategically chosen and iconic destinations around the world. Owned by a private equity firm, they currently have properties in the US, Europe, and the Caribbean. Their small and intimate facilities include restored lodges, beach cottages, historic farmhouses and townhomes, and offer all the comforts and amenities of five-star hotels. World-class cuisine and lodging is complemented by guided outdoor activities in backcountry, mountain, and water sports. In urban locations, guides gracefully envelop guests in local culture, knowledge, places and activities known only to native insiders. At each property the company works with guests to design tailored itineraries that suit skills, interests and pursuit of adventure and provide guests with their most unforgettable life experiences. Reporting to the company's Managing Director, the Sales Director will be responsible for leading the firm's international revenue generation department through planning and implementation of account management, sales, revenue management, KPI development and management. The Director of Sales will have robust experience in the realm of proactive sales campaigns, systems management, relationship management and leading unified sales teams. Responsibilities: develop and implement a strategic sales plan and department operation in collaboration with ownership and senior leadership. Develop and manage sales budgets and forecasts. Demonstrate efficient sales spend across all department initiatives. Measure and track ROI on all department initiatives. Deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales activity reports and performance updates. Lead sales efforts by example and through team development and sales processes. Establish and maintain senior level relationships with key strategic partners, brand affiliates, and travel planners. Foster existing client relationships and drive rebooking through innovative and brand relevant strategies. Manage relationships with critical company clientele and its many VIP guests. Monitor and close high value/high visibility bookings. Cultivate and manage sales via brand ambassadors and guest guides. Develop, recommend and execute competitive positioning, pricing and revenue management strategies. Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities. Lead involvement in relevant industry events and trade shows and publications. Lead online and offline third party distribution efforts, including luxury travel agencies, external sales representatives, DMCs and consortia, boutique and mainstream OTAs, and international and regional distributors. Facilitate internal collaboration through daily communication with the marketing department and senior leadership. Drive ongoing efficiency through leveraging technology and processes. Requirements: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, business, or similar. The successful candidate will have deep experience in a senior sales position in the hospitality and adventure travel industry. Relevant experience could include engagements in the fishing lodge, heli-skiing lodge and safari industries. The candidate should have a minimum of five years experience with a proven track record in sales management within the hospitality industry, as well as proven mastery in building and leading high performing teams. Strong knowledge of revenue management processes. Demonstrated experience in utilizing technology to drive margin across diverse products. Excellent financial management skills, as well as effective time management and written and spoken communications skills. The ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and with precision. Please contact us for more details.
- Director of Sales and Marketing - new gaming resort - upstate NYA 400+ room destination resort, casino and entertainment complex with 10 food and beverage outlets, spa, pools, golf course, fitness centers, and waterpark is seeking a Director of Sales and Marketing, to be responsible for the successful sales effort for the conference, banquet and hotel facility. The first objective will be to create a wide-ranging approach to revenue opportunities, ADR optimization, selling strategy and booking norms. An intimate knowledge of all full-service sales markets for hotel, convention, trade shows, exhibition and banquet events and catering is essential for this comprehensive sales strategy. The DOSM will sustain a culture of "coaching for performance" and will set monthly leadership expectations relating to common goals for associate growth, specifically with selling skills development. In addition to department oversight, this position will actively solicit business with a focus on convention, corporate group event, exhibitions, association and professional tour and travel markets. Responsibilities: create a focused annual sales and marketing plan directed at setting and delivering sales strategies to drive revenue results. This entails analyzing market, customer and competitive information and building sales strategy and marketing objectives to expose this new facility and destination to travel and event revenue generators. Find creative and effective ways to bring in new business within group/meetings and business transient market segments. Cultivate and source leads through industry associations, brand connections and regional tourist entities. Identify high priority sales activities to target early based on long booking windows and high spend, then build out targeted sales action plans for all market segments. Direct the efforts of all sales department associates to include direct sales and networking approaches for client qualification, facility exposure, proposals, booking procedures and follow up activities. Maintain fresh marketing and sales content for all key target markets and revenue outlets, including tourism and event planning sites, travel booking engines, and social media channels. Coordinate ongoing research of the travel and event industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations for prospective clients. Communicate sales strategy, key initiatives and promotional programs to the associate internal audience. Meet with and entertain clients, some of which may require travel. Research trade show and sales opportunities to maximize facility exposure. Responsible for representation within the business community and hospitality industry that exposes the hotel to opportunities and creates a positive public image. Participate in key organizations as recommended by management. Organize and/or attend scheduled sales, operations and related leadership meetings. Direct all input and report retrieval from the facility sales software system for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of future sales and marketing budgets. Prepare consistent sales reports for executive leadership review. Collaborate and coordinate with the casino marketing team to effectively manage a calendar of all tentative and confirmed events in all areas of the resort. Participate in trade shows and industry association events in order to sell and market the resort and the destination. Put the guest at the forefront of every decision. Requirements: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, sales/marketing, business, or similar. Proficient in use of hotel property management systems. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Five or more years of full-service hotel sales experience- hotel opening experience is a plus. Previous experience in a four or five-star facility is preferred, as is experience in a resort casino environment. Proficiency in managing critical sales components, including revenue management yield tactics, marketing campaigns and promotions, and departmental reporting procedures. Strong leadership experience, with the demonstrated ability to lead and coach a team. The ability to analyze sales efforts and goal achievement. Ability to note deviations from the business plan, determine causes and provide recommendations to the VP Resort Operations on needed action plans. Strong written and verbal communications skills. A positive, innovative approach to problem solving. Presents ideas in a clear, concise, understandable, and organized manner: negotiate, persuade, and modify opinion in order to reach objectives of the organization. Excellent communication is critical to translating the business plan into clear and concise strategies, developing external industry partners, and building internal talent. A strong understanding of the hospitality industry, with demonstrated knowledge in the areas of marketing, business development, revenue management, and outside and inside sales approaches. Working with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please contact us for more information.
- General Manager - new boutique resort hotel - Finger Lakes, NYThe long-term owners of a noted lakefront resort hotel and restaurant have decided to start all over. They are building an entirely new property in a town on one of the premier Finger Lakes. The resort has been completely reimagined, with a sprawling lakeside campus, a 125 room boutique luxury hotel, 500-person events/wedding center, lakeside bar and grill, pool, full service spa program, and a fine dining restaurant, slated to be the best in the region. The new design is by an award-winning New York design firm. Construction begins in 2019 and the new property will open in the spring of 2020. We are looking for a strong preopening leader to take this concept and turn it into a great success. The owners require an experienced full-service hotel executive who will build and develop a team of inspired employees, cross-trained in multiple roles and ready to create the best possible experience for their guests. In what has traditionally been a seasonal destination resort, this property will deliver an amazing year-round experience, and the GM will drive sales, operations, service culture and real financial results. Responsibilities: provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable, enjoyable and memorable as possible. Ensure that all policies, procedures, and laws with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations, and safety are followed. Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction. Remain highly visible and be readily available to guests at all times. Create the most motivated, satisfied hotel staff in the industry. Requirements: a Bachelor's or Master's degree in hotel administration, business or similar. An extensive hotel/resort operations background, including at least three years as a GM or AGM experience at a similar level of hotel, and preferably involving preopening and opening. Strong prior experience in creating world class food and beverage programs: expertise in food and beverage and events/catering operations is a must. Knowledge of/experience in the Finger Lakes region of upstate NY is a plus. The ability to deal with management, associates, guest, and the general public in a courteous, tactful and patient manner. Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills. Strong working knowledge of a hotel P&L statement, and the proven ability to motivate team members to achieve top levels of performance. This new resort is destined to help put the Finger Lakes on the map as a year-round destination. Please contact us for more information.
- Hospitality Acquisitions Associate/Senior Associate - hospitality private equity firm - Washington, DCA multi-disciplined hotel private equity firm focused on acquiring and developing premium-branded select service hotels is seeking an Acquisitions Associate or Sr. Associate. One of the fastest growing hotel real estate firms in the country, the organization currently owns and asset manages a portfolio of 16 hotels. In the past seven years, they have been involved in 32 acquisitions totaling $485 million. They specialize in developing and acquiring hotel investments, minimizing risk and maximizing performance through intensive asset management, and selling to leading institutions. The firm seeks to build its portfolio of real estate investments while diversifying a growing investor group's capital across multiple investments and brands. Investment activities are supported by the asset management division, which enables the company to provide high-level strategic and operational oversight to deliver superior value creation. Reporting to the Dir. Acquisitions and Development, the Associate will assist in the hotel acquisitions and development process. In conjunction with the team, he/she will assist with asset selection, deal negotiation, project management, pro-forma modeling, deal presentations and due diligence. The ideal candidate will be a confident, team-oriented individual with excellent Excel, presentation and writing skills who has a demonstrated interest and eagerness to join a quickly growing and fast paced company. Responsibilities: support the due diligence process for potential transactions including analyzing competitive properties, reviewing market supply/demand fundamentals, analyzing financials, sales and revenue and various other reports. Assist in the development of detailed pro-forma models to analyze potential hotel investment opportunities. Maintain an internal company acquisitions pipeline report and CRM, monitoring all potential acquisitions and communication with lenders and equity partners. Assist in updating budgets for hotel development projects and property improvement plans. Conduct market research to identify potential target markets for new hotel acquisitions. Assist in business development initiatives such as maintaining internal company business intelligence and CRM. Assist in communication and coordination of third-party consultants, including general contractors, interior designers and architects. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration, finance, or business. A minimum of two to five years of experience in the hospitality industry, ideally with a hotel ownership firm, hotel consulting or appraisal firm, hotel brokerage firm or investment bank. Expertise in real estate finance and an in-depth understanding of the hotel industry. Highly developed analytical and modeling skills. Advanced understanding of financial statements, with the ability to thoroughly analyze a hotel P&L. Excellent written and oral communications skills, with a detail-oriented nature. The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects and the capacity to be flexible. Working in an entrepreneurial environment for and with Cornell Hotel School graduates. Please contact us for more information.
- Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations - hotel ownership/management firm - Minneapolis, MNA hotel ownership and management company who owns 5 branded select service hotels in Minnesota/Wisconsin and with 2 more in the pipeline is seeking an SVP Operations to supervise the group's hotels as efficiently as possible. Responsibilities: hire and train qualified general managers to produce the highest volume of sales and affect the greatest profit while maintaining a high degree of public satisfaction, confidence and prestige in the service and quality of all hotels managed by the firm. Remain competitive in every area, producing and achieving budgetary goals. Follow company policies and procedures and maintain high employee morale. Oversee the supervision and operations of the hotels in order to achieve desired sales and profit goals. Interact with guests, potential guests, and community leaders. Maintain the highest ethical standards of operation and quality of services and facilities for company owned hotels. Ensure that hotel GMs achieve payroll and related budget and maintain high annual ratings on franchisor guest service indices and RevPAR within their competitive sets. Assist in developing and managing operating budgets for all hotels. Ensure that the sales efforts in all hotels are running up to par. Meet with sales managers to review sales calls and revenue achievements. Weekly review of hotel maintenance and quality standards for proper guest room, public space, and exterior cleanliness, as well as conduct random inspections. Analyze operations and meet with GMs to receive and review suggestions. Review monthly accounts receivable aging, guest complaints, brand guest satisfaction scores, and property ranking. Select, train and develop GMs, keeping them responsible for franchise and company standards and assisting them in improving their levels of performance. Oversee all programs that help improve employee morale and motivation. Direct monthly GM meetings regarding sales, forecasting, quality control, safety, etc. Prepare annual capital improvements lists and control and approve overtime, requisitions, purchase orders and all hotel expenses. Review star reports, CVB summaries and nightly occupancy comparisons. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hospitality or business. A minimum of 8 years of operations experience in a multi-unit, multi-location hospitality company, with a minimum of 5 years of general management experience, including a proven track record of growth and profitability. In addition to an operations background, experience in sales and marketing and/or accounting/finance is preferred. A strong knowledge of hospitality operations development theory, and methods and the ability to communicate them effectively to others within the organization. The ability to maximize the potential of the organization by introducing innovative concepts and holding teams accountable for the property-level delivery of customized, best-in-class solutions. Experience in developing and implementing appropriate systems for measuring critical aspects of operational management and development, including their impact on profit and revenue outcomes. Leadership skills, including communication, coaching, mentoring, feedback and training. A critical thinker and decision maker, with the ability to influence people in new ways of thinking- to commit and accept responsibility for actions combined with the patience to listen and respond. This executive will be an entrepreneurial and inspirational leader- someone who combines vision and urgency for the company. Please contact us for more information.
- Hotel Real Estate Advisor - hotel brokerage firm - Midwestern location of choiceA commercial real estate brokerage firm dealing exclusively with hotel transactions currently has offices in Minnesota and Nebraska. The company transacts hotels in the upper Midwest via their national database of buyers and sellers, and they are now looking for self-starters to support the geographic growth of the firm. The expectation for a candidate would be to open a new brokerage office elsewhere in the Midwest (likely working from home) that focuses on adjacent and new geographic areas that will increase the firm's coverage of the US hotel marketplace. Attributes: professional communications skills. Self-motivation and self-direction, with the ability/willingness to work remotely while being part of a larger team. The ability and desire to work on a commission based income. Travel as required for showings, meetings, etc. Sales oriented, and willing to work as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers of hotels. Detail oriented, and able to check work completed by others to ensure that it is performed properly. The skill to create win/win solutions. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree in hotel administration, business, or related field, with a minimum of four years of experience in the quantitative side of the hotel industry or related business. The ability to read and understand/interpret hotel financial statements including NOI, EBITDA, ADR, occupancy, RevPAR, etc. Possesses, or has the ability to obtain, a real estate license in the state in which he or she intends to conduct business. Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) real estate law, local/regional economies, types of available mortgages, financing options, and government regulations as they pertain to the hotel industry. Working with Cornell Hotel School alumni. Please contact us for more information.
- Hotel Real Estate Associate - Austin, TXAn opportunity exists for a hospitality transactions professional to join one of the premier hotel advisory/brokerage groups, with 12 offices in the United States. The firm was founded in 2004 by hoteliers- owners, operators, and developers- who have a passion for the hospitality industry. The company has experienced rapid growth and has been rated as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US by Inc. Magazine for the last four years consecutively. The firm provides the highest quality brokerage, consulting and overall advisory services to the industry, the most accurate and timely analysis, along with the absolute integrity that has earned it the utmost respect from its peers and its clients. The team communicates and provides its services via technology beyond which the industry has even thought about. Its founders are its leaders. They do not answer to a mega-corporation, are not a subsidiary business, and are not publicly traded. This allows them to be the premier hotel advisory company without compromise. The group publishes articles, speaks at conferences, lectures at universities, and maintains a balance between their work and personal lives. Contrary to usual practice, the organization is always team-driven, working collectively and collaboratively. The organization is looking for the top 1% of talent in its industry segment for a long-term commitment to the firm. It offers the best industry commission splits, and as part of the family, all agents that meet criteria in longevity and performance have the ability to gain ownership in the company. Principals obtain and assign listings to teams of two or three, so new agents are able to work immediately on listings and have many diverse opportunities to close transactions. The Associate will partner with the Managing Director in the Austin office, to assist with daily brokerage activities that include sourcing, developing and executing hotel transactions. Requirements: a Bachelor's degree, preferably in hotel administration, real estate, or business, or an MBA Degree with a real estate finance focus. At least 3 to 5 years of experience in commercial real estate, with a hospitality focus greatly preferred but not required. A Texas Real Estate Salesperson's license is also preferred. Upon joining the firm, 12 modules of training are required- from valuation analysis to branding to ethics. Compensation will be 100% commission (no draw, no salary) with aggressively tiered payout structure and generous reimbursement for business expenditures. The office has a strong pipeline to plug candidates into right away to reduce ramp up period and ensure success. Although anyone selected will already be a real estate professional, by the end of their first year they will be a hotel expert. Please contact us for more details.